Thursday, June 24, 2010

Does anyone know if 100% Pure Shea Butter can go bad or ';expire';?

I bought a large container of 100% Pure Shea Butter a little while ago. I would guess a year to year and a half ago and I have noticed that it has a different scent. It seems to still work just fine but now that famililar ';shea butter'; smell has changed and I'm wondering if I should throw it out....





ALSO: (No disgusting jokes please) But my dog will try to lick the butter off my arm after I have put some on. I have always heard that pure shea butter is edible. Anyone know anythingn about that? So far puppy hasn't ever shown any effects.





Thank you. Does anyone know if 100% Pure Shea Butter can go bad or ';expire';?
As far as I know it can't go bad but if the container has an expiration date on it then I would toss it after that date has passed. The reason the shea butter's smell has changed is because the scent can either grow stronger or fade with age. This happens with most scented oils and with perfumes. Hope this helps.Does anyone know if 100% Pure Shea Butter can go bad or ';expire';?
Yes it can go bad.





It is fine for the dog to lick the little amount off of you. My dogs used to follow me everywhere trying to nab a lick.
I doubt the Shea Butter is expired. And my dog licks my lotion off allll the time! and its just reg kind. so your dog will be fine.
  • turbo c++
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    skin infection